I am thrilled to be presenting my first FingerStyle Guitar Camp. It is a 4-day Residential Workshop at a Rural House in El Toboso (Toledo) Spain. This is a non-competitive experience and is totally about immersing oneself in the Joys of Music.
The workshops are specially designed for acoustic and classical guitar. For guitarists of all ages, of all levels, all interests, from beginners to advanced. Because they maintain a transversal methodology, designed so that you can progress in all the styles and techniques we will work, regardless of your level.
IT’S GOING TO BE AN EXTRAORDINARY EVENT! I WILL EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY!
- You will share the experience of improving as a guitarist with trained, experienced, and internationally recognize teachers. We will be two instructors: Miguel Rivera, specialist on Fingerstyle, Percussive Guitar and Fernando Perez, expert on guitars and World musical traditions. During these 4 days ,you will participate in our Masterclasses, 8 differentiated Workshops with small groups, Concerts and Jam Sessions.
- This Camp will change the way you live the guitar playing. You will practice lots of new techniques, to make your own guitar arrangements. You will improve your Fingerstyle, Percussive Guitar, Travis Picking, Blues, World Music , Arrangements, Improvisation… In short, you will take with you a valuable knowledge to continue improving for a long time after the Course
- We are going to enjoy a sensational place in the cozy Rural House “El Paraíso de Don Quijote”, located in El Toboso (Toledo), in the heart of La Mancha. You will be in some of the most important places described by Miguel del Cervantes in his most famous novel “Don Quijote de la Mancha”, a masterpiece of universal literature. Dulcinea del Toboso, is the fictional character and beautiful lady Don Quixote Loves. Her real name is Aldonza Lorenzo, a farmer, strong and not very clean. But DonQuixote idealizes her and sees her as the most beautiful lady in the World.
GET READY TO ENJOY a delicious traditional homemade food, its lovely surroundings with swimming pool, common rooms with table tennis, table football, cozy rooms and of course, hours and hours of guitar heaven.
Miguel Rivera is one of the most visible and versatile Spanish acoustic guitarists on the scene today. Millions continue to view his exciting YouTube performances, and Guitar World, Guitar Player and other international media have highlighted his inspiring approach. A trained and experienced instructor, Miguel holds Psychology and Masters of Education degrees, and enjoys an extensive pedagogical career. With his avant-garde technique and exquisite musicality, Miguel is a leader in expanding the world of acoustic guitar sounds.
Fernando Perez is a specialist in guitars and World musical traditions. He has published numerous works for Stefan Grossman Guitar Workshop in New York. As well as companies such as Mel Bay and Hal Leonard. He has performed in numerous festivals and taught many guitar workshops worldwide, sharing artistic and pedagogical equipment with artists such as: Peppino D’Agustino, Piere Bensusan, Tony McManus, etc. He has published CDs, DVDs and Books in an amazing wide range of styles and Guitar techniques.
Percussive Acoustic Guitar I – Miguel Rivera
In this workshop we will learn the most accessible and versatile percussive techniques in a practical way. We will found out how to use them in conventional guitar arrangements.
West African Music – Fernando Pérez
Workshop dedicated to Music from places like Mali or Senegal. We will learn the different techniques and styles to use them on the guitar. And we will know the roots of Blues in West Africa.
Solo Guitar Arrangements – Miguel Rivera
In this workshop we will learn how to make acoustic guitar arrangements. We will start with a well known melody, and we will develop the necessary strategie to create your own arrangements.
Acoustic Blues – Fernando Pérez
Workshop dedicated to Blues in acoustic format. It includes the study of different techniques to play the styles of Texas, Mississippi, Swamp Blues, etc. We will emphasises the work on performing and improvisation.
Percussive Acoustic Guitar II – Miguel Rivera
We will put into practice the techniques learned in the module I. We will also work on different songs or studies, graduated in levels and focused on a specific percussive technique.
World Music – Fernando Pérez
In this workshop we will learn Mediterranean and Eastern rhythms. We will discover how to use irregular rhythms in an easy and musical way. And techniques of improvisation coming from places like India.
Travis Picking – Miguel Rivera
This Workshop is focused on the Travis Picking Technique. We will work how to develop it effectively. You will be able to apply it to specific tunes, thus integrating this technique into your repertoire.
Acoustic Improvisation – Fernando Pérez
In this workshop we will learn how to get good improvisational skills. How to unlock creativity and make improvisations more interesting and musical; and how to integrate improvisation into musical composition.
English and Spanish. Both Instructors speak English and Spanish. If you are an English speaker you will feel like a fish in water! Many attendees will speak English as well.
DESCRIPTION, CONDITIONS AND REGISTRATION
- Accommodations in the selected Option.
- Responsible use of the common areas.
- Meals : Thursday June 28, welcome lunch and dinner. Friday June 29th, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Saturday June 30, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sunday July 1, breakfast and farewell lunch.
- All the Master Classes, Workshops and musical activities.
*What´s not Included:
- Transport. If you don’t have a personal transport to get to the place, check out the ‘Transport’ section.
- Snacks and drinks. The Rural House does not have an additional Restoration service but you are free to bring all kinds of drinks and food and store it in the different kitchens that you will have at your disposal.
- Sightseeing excursions in the area.
- Personal musical gear – please bring your own instruments.
The destination is 140 km from Madrid (A4 and N-301). It is difficult to access it by public transport. For those people who do not have their own vehicle to get to the Rural House, we will try to contact different assistants so they can go together in the vehicle of one of them. In this case, the corresponding gasoline cost must be paid. We wil leave from Madrid from this address: Avenida de América, 4, 28028 Madrid.
If necessary, the organization will facilitate the transportation by bus or van from Madrid Capital with an additional total cost of € 30 – € 65 round trip. We will leave from the same address: Avenida de América, 4, 28028 Madrid.
How to get to Avenida de América 4, 28028 Madrid:
From Adolfo Suarez Madrid-Barajas Airport: (I personally recommend Bus 200)
- Bus: You can get the bus number 200. You can get the bus at all the terminals of the Airport T1,T2, T3 or T4. You will get to Avenida de América Station in 37 minutes. Then you only have to go out to the street and you will find Avenida de América 4 right there. Price: 2€ Aprox
- Metro (Underground): You can get line 8 from Barajas Airport to Nuevos Ministerios Station, the to change to line 6 to go to Avenida de América Station. Approximate time: 32 minutes. Price 4,5€ Aprox
- Taxi: Price 30€ Aprox.
From Atocha-Renfe (Trains)
- Bus: C1. Time: 38 minutes aprox. Price: 2€ aprox
- Metro: Linea 1 Atocha-Renfe Station to Pacífico Station, then change to Line 6 to Avda de América Station. Time: 31 minutes aprox. Price: 2€ Aprox
Places available and Prices
We have a total of 15 places. It is a workshop oriented to the student, and therefore the places are very limited. We advise you to book your place as soon as possible, since the places can not be extended.
Prices and Acommodation Options:
All rates are per-person. Meals are always included
If you register before March 31, 2018 you will get a 150€ discount. Check out the prices and options in the following chart:
Before March 31st 2018
After March 31s 2018
All rooms are for 2 people.
There are three options:
- Basic: Standard room with two beds and a roommate. You will have a 90 cm bed. We offer 11 places
- Premiun: Room with two beds and a roommate. You will have a 135 cm bed. We offer 2 places (SOLD OUT)
- Suite: A private room with a 135 cm bed for you. We offer 1 place (SOLD OUT)
If you select the last (Opción Suite), you could bring your loved one, a friend, or a relative. In this case, this person can assist to the musical activities paying the basic price or can pay 320€ for accommodation and food only.
Rememner to book your place as soon as possible. There are no many places available.
If you book your place before March 31st 2018, you will get a 150€ discount.
To book your place, we need you to send us an email to:
firstname.lastname@example.org with this information:
- Name and Surname:
- Accommodation selected: Basic, Premiun or Suite
- Personal vehicle to get to the Rural House: Yes or No
We will answer you with the instructions to register. Upon registration, a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total purchase amount has to be send by Paypal or Bank Transfer.
100% of the remaining balance due must be paid before June 1st 2018.
In case this second payment is not completed before the indicated date, the assistant will lose his place and the previous financial reservation.
Any registration received after June 1, 2018 must be paid in full at the time of registration by Paypal or Bank Transfer.
16 and 17 year olds are permitted with consent forms.
Cancellations or modifications
The organization reserves the right of reject a sale, deny admission or remove from an event, any person for any reason, including, but not limited to, any harm or potencial harm that person might cause, violation of the law, threats, disorderly behavior, failure to timely payment, ilegal activity, or for any other reason that is not prohibited by law. The organization reserves the right of change any activity if necessary, keeping the philosophy of the event.
It is necessary a number of 10 assistants to go ahead with the event.
All Payments are non-refundable. Only in the case that the organization had to cancel the event, all the payment would be returned. The organization is not responsible for other expenses incurred by the assistant.
- We reserve the right of admission.
- All prices described are per-person.
- When making the reservation, the attendees accept the terms and conditions described. They also give their consent for the realization of videos and promotional photographs that will be used for advertising purposes.
- We are not responsible for any type of loss, theft or material or personal damage during the entire course of the completion of the FingerStyle Guitar Camp.
“El Paraíso de Don Quijote: Casa Rural” A 140 Km de Madrid (A4 y N-301) Ctra. Miguel Esteban s/n ,Paraje La Cadena 45820. El Toboso, Toledo (España)
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any more questions
Miguel Rivera Tel: (+34) 667665003